PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
Your personal information – what we collect and what we use it for
When you register and use the Website or a Selfridges Service you will be asked to provide certain personal information such as your name, address, email and telephone number, but for some Selfridges Services, we may require additional details from you.
We will treat all your personal information as private and confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in certain circumstances set out below).
We confirm that any personal information which you provide to us via the Website or a Selfridges Service, as well as any other information from which we can identify you (or which is available on public registers), will be held securely and in accordance with the registration we have with the Data Commissioner's Office.
We will use your personal information to fulfil our agreement with you which shall include the use of your personal information for the following sorts of things:
- a) to process any orders that you make via the Website;
- b) to register you on the Website or for a Selfridges Service and to administer the Website or relevant Selfridges Service and the services that it offers;
- c) to administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter via the Website or a Selfridges Service. Please refer to the specific terms & conditions for each prize draw or competition;
- d) to carry out assessment and analysis (for example market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer, and to allow us to provide you with information about our products and services that we think are relevant to you through our marketing activities; and
- e) subject to you specifically consenting to it, to keep you informed of such products and services (including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions and so on) by any of the following methods: email; SMS text message and other electronic messages such as picture messaging; post or otherwise including products and services of other companies and organisations which we consider may be of interest to you. Your personal information may be disclosed to other businesses within the Selfridges Group and with carefully-selected and monitored third parties who are engaged to help us run, manage and improve the quality of the Website and the Selfridges Services, as well as for marketing and fraud checking purposes. We require all the third parties that we interact with to treat your personal information as carefully and confidentially as we do.
If you are purchasing a television or television receiving equipment from us, please note that the Wireless Telegraphy Act 1967 requires us to notify the TV Licensing Authority, giving full details of the address to which the TV will be delivered. This is in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or any other information we obtain about you, we are entitled do so.
In circumstances where you contact us by telephone, calls may be recorded for quality and training purposes. However, calls may also be monitored without your consent for the following circumstances: to provide evidence of a business transaction; to prevent or detect crime to investigate the unauthorised use of a telecom system; to ensure that a business complies with regulatory procedures; to see that quality standards or targets are being met in the interests of national security; and to secure the effective operation of the telecom system.
How can I unsubscribe?
If at any point you no longer wish us to hold your personal information or you do not wish to receive information from us by post, e-mail or telephone, about our products, promotions or special offers then there are a number of ways you can unsubscribe from these. These are as follows:
- a) You can click onto the "unsubscribe" link in any marketing communications that we send you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from any future marketing communications.
- b) Alternatively, you can contact our customer services by calling 0800 123 400 (+044 113 369 8040 from overseas), Monday to Saturday: 9am-10pm and Sundays: 10am-6pm or by using our online form: https://www.selfridges.com/en/info/ContactUs.
Please note that in relation to our CRM system, you can ask a team member in any one of our stores to update your preferences (e.g. you can specify that you are happy for us to send you e-receipts, but that you would prefer not to be included on our newsletter mailing list, or vice versa). However, should you wish for your details to be removed from our CRM system completely, then you will need to contact our customer services using the contact details above.
For more details about the relevant terms & conditions for the Website and Selfridges Services, please see:
- a) Website: http://www.selfridges.com/content/terms-and-conditions
- b) In-store WIFI: http://www.selfridges.com/content/terms-and-conditions
Cookies make your selfridges.com experience more enjoyable – and below we have explained exactly what they are, why we use them and how they work.
Here's a list of the main cookies we use, and what we use them for:
Adtrack, Affiliate, TD Cookies
- a) This trio shows us how you found selfridges.com and which website you came from, helping us work out which of our online marketing channels is most effective. They also allow us to reward certain websites for directing you to us.
- b) We use this to determine whether or not your web browser supports some of the features that make our checkout process quicker and easier to complete.
- c) This is an A/B testing tool that allows us to serve different content to our users. We use the data to identify the best experience for our customers, helping us to improve and optimise our website for future visitors. All cookie data is anonymous and we’ll never share it with other any third parties.
- d) SessionCam is a service developed and operated by ServiceTick Ltd which provides session replays, advanced website heat maps, conversion funnels and form analytics to help us make our website more usable for you. The information collected is stored and used internally for our own statistical reporting. Please note that although SessionCam is recording your browser screen, it does not record or store your payment details or passwords.
- e) These cookies help us make the most of the money we spend on advertising. Google Analytics uses these cookies to discover when you first visited our site, how often you come back and how long you spend shopping. The information stored by these cookies can be seen only by the relevant teams at Selfridges and Google and never shows any confidential information.
SELFRIDGES.COM 'SHARE' TOOLS
We know you love to share the great content we have on selfridges.com. Please be aware that social networking sites, like Facebook and Twitter, might send cookies. We don't control the setting of these third-party cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them. The business partners that may set cookies on selfridges.com include:
Criteo and Quantcast
DC Storm, Affiliate Window and Google
- b) Sometimes we'll advertise on third party websites and DC Storm cookies are used to help us and our advertisers see which advertisements you click on and interact with. Each individual advertiser uses its own tracking cookies and the data taken is not confidential or interchangeable.
We hope that explains things clearly – and please be aware you can set your browser to reject cookies or you can delete them yourself if you wish. For full information on how to delete cookies please visit aboutcookies.org (this will open in a new window – please note that we can't be responsible for the content of external websites).
Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy and cookies policy.
For any questions regarding this policy, please contact us: https://www.selfridges.com/en/info/ContactUs.