- Original Mineral The Power Base protein treatment
- Here are some of the 'everyday' chemicals which are left out of Original Minerals' haircare and styling products;
- Phthalates: Cling to the hair to give it fragrance and also gives hair product such as gels more staying power. Exposure to phthalates in pregnant women can cause harm during critical periods of a child's development.
- Sulfates: Are used to clean the hair of its natural oils leaving the hair feeling dry and looking matte. Denatures skin proteins and largely effects people with contact dermatitis.
- Parabens: Have antifungal and antibacterial properties that act as a preservative for maintaining freshness and longer product shelf life. One of the leading chemicals that can cause skin irritation and contact dermatitis.
- Propylene Glycol: Used to bind many haircare products together and retain moisture content not only on the hair but also in packaging. Propylene glycol has been linked to causing headaches, backaches and kidney problems.
- M.I.T.: Methylisothiazolinone prevents bacteria. Due to the high exposure to the scalp through haircare, MIT in hair products greatly damages skin cells, causing itching, flaking and soreness on the scalp.
- Triciosan: Another chemical that is used to kill bacteria on the hair. Triclosan's manufacturing process can also create dioxin, a powerful hormone disrupter that can have long term health effects.
SpecificationsThe Power Base protein treatment from Original Mineral is the king of lifts for damaged hair. This intense dual action treatment works to restore your mane from within. Wheat Protein reconstructs weakened hair to bind broken strands while Apricot Kernel Oil and Sweet Almond moisturises and nourishes the hair’s exterior.
Original Mineral The Power Base protein treatment