Built with safety in mind
Its feather-weight ABS reinforced structure (400g) makes Parrot Bebop Drone robust and safe. In the event of any collision, the propellers stop automatically. The emergency mode allows the drone to land immediately. Thanks to a GPS system, a Return Home function brings the Bebop drone easily back to its take-off point. Finally, EPP hulls included in the pack makes indoor flights safer.
Parrot Bebop Drone generates its own Wi-Fi hotspot
MIMO Wi-Fi connection: Parrot Bebop Drone embarks 2 dual-band Wi-Fi antennas that allows it to handle both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz MIMO frequencies. It generates its own Wi-Fi 802.11 network. Depending on the network interference, you can select the frequency of your choice.
All parts of Bebop Drone are removable for easy assembly and transport. Pilots can focus on flying and capturing incredible images and videos.
To ensure an optimal stability without compromising the maneuverability, the Bebop Drone analyzes data from numerous sensors automatically: 3-axes accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, one ultrasound sensor with an 8 meters reach, one pressure sensor and a vertical camera to track the speed.
Equipped with a 14 megapixel 'fisheye' camera, the Parrot Bebop Drone records videos and pictures in a 180° field with remarkable image quality. A full-digital image stabilization technology allows the Bebop Drone to take remarkably stable and clear aerial footage regardless of the drone movements. Splash and dust proof lens. Action cameras often show horizontal lines distortion. In contrast, Parrot Bebop Drone camera delivers undistorted lines and as a result horizon is not curved anymore. Control the angle of the camera directly from the piloting application with a simple movement of the thumb. The shifting on the 180 angle is fully digital and independant from the drone movements.
The Parrot Bebop Drone comes with a free piloting application, Freeflight 3, for iOS and Android Smartphones and tablets. The user-friendly application has been developed to be very easy to use allowing the pilot to focus on the pleasure of flying. Once on the welcome screen, the pilot accesses the following functionalites: Piloting, photos/videos, Cloud 'Pilot Academy'. Complete user settings for altitude and speed, piloting mode (accelerometer, virtual joystick.). FreeFlight app also includes fun features such as one-touch Flip! FreeFlight 3 is also the piloting app for Parrot MiniDrones.
Parrot Bebop Drone photo and video stream is synchronized in real time on your smartphone. Share your best shots instantly on Facebook or Instagram.
Ready for YouTube
Showcase your flights on Youtube with the touch of a finger.
When 'Return Home' is selected, the Bebop Drone returns directly to its starting position when the altitude is greater than 10 meters. If the altitude is less or equal to 10 meters, it will rise and stabilize itself at 10 meters before returning to its take-off position in a straight line. Once it has reached its take-off position, it will stop and hover 2 meters above the ground.
Keep track of all your flights and share your photos, videos and navigation data with other members of the Parrot Academy. Connected to YouTube and Facebook for sharing. Join the Parrot Academy with over 200,000 pilots registered. Free backup of your flight data and 3D replay.
IMORTANT (PLEASE READ) DRONE SAFTEY/LEGAL GUIDELINES: *THE DRONECODE 400ft (120m);
- Always keep your drone in sight; this means you can see and avoid other things while flying.
- Stay below 400ft (120m) to comply with the dronecode 400ft (120m) - this reduces the likelihood of a conflict with manned aircraft.
- Keep the right distance from people and property: 150ft (50m)
- Keep the right distance from crowds and built up areas: 500ft (150m) and don’t overfly.
- Stay well away from aircraft, airports and airfields. If your drone endangers the safety of an aircraft, it is a criminal offence and you could go to prison for five years.
*(The UK Dronecode is published by the Civil Aviation Authority to assist drone users in flying safely.)
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Wi-Fi antennas: MIMO dual-band with 2 double-sets of dipole antennas for 2.4 and 5 GHz (fig.7)
- Sending power: Up to 26 dBm
- Signal range: N/A Structure
- 4 Brushless Outrunner motors (fig.3)
- Glass fiber reinforced (15%) ABS structure (fig.4)
- High-resistance EPP outdoor hull: Clip and unclip easily to adapt to indoor and outdoor flight, protects the propellers against potential bumps, can be removed to reduce wind factor (fig.9)
- Three-blade auto-block propellers in Polycarbonate with fast disassembly system (fig.5)
- Anti-vibration bumpers (fig.10) Speed
- 13 m/s Camera
- CMOS 14Mpx, 1/2.3"
- "Camera with""Fisheye"" lens 180° 1/2,2"": 6 optical elements and 14 Mega pixels sensor (fig.2)
- Video stabilization: Digital on 3-axes
- Video definition: 1920x1080p (30fps)
- Photo definition: 4096x3072 px
- Video encoding: H264
- Photo file format: JPEG, RAW, DNG
- Internal memory: Flash 8 GB
- Extended memory: Micro USB" Battery
- Lithium Polymer 1200 mAh
- Flight time: 22 minutes with 2 batteries included Processor
- CPU: Dual-Core
- Mother board: (fig.1)
- - Parrot P7 dual-core CPU Cortex 9
- - Quad core GPU
- - 8Gb flash memory
- All fixed on a magnesium shelf that acts as electromagnetic shielding and as a radiator
- Operating system: Linux
- Developping: Open-source SDK Sensors
- 3-axes magnetometer
- 3-axes gyroscope
- 3-axes accelerometer (fig.6)
- Optical-flow sensor (fig.8): Vertical stabilization camera (Every 16 milliseconds, an image of the ground is taken and compared to the previous one to determine the speed of the Bebop Drone)
- Ultrasound sensor (Analyzes the flight altitude up to 8 meters)
- Pressure sensor
- GNSS (GPS + GLONASS) (fig.6) Dimensions
- 28x32x3.6cm without the hull
- 33x38x3.6cm with the hull Weight
- With battery, 390g without the hull and 410g with the hull Compatibility
- iOS, Android
- iOS, Android Smartphones/tablets Kit contents
- 1 Parrot BeBop Drone
- 2 Batteries
- 1 Charger with US/ JP / UK / EU / ANZ plugs
- 1 Micro USB Cable
- 2 Indoor hull
- 4 Additional propellers
- 1 Propellers mounting tool
- 1 Quick start guide