Industry-leading noise cancellation
From airplane noise to people’s voices, our WH-1000XM5 wireless headphones with multiple microphone noise cancelling keep out more high and mid frequency sounds than ever. And with Auto NC Optimizer, noise cancelling is automatically optimised based on your wearing conditions and environment.
Multi Noise Sensor technology
With four microphones on each ear cup, this is our biggest ever step forward in noise cancelling. Ambient sound is captured even more accurately for a dramatic reduction in high frequency noise. Thanks to Auto NC Optimizer, noise cancelling performance is always and automatically optimised based on wearing conditions and external environmental factors such as atmospheric pressure.
Incomparable noise cancelling
Specially developed by Sony, the new Integrated Processor V1 unlocks the full potential of our HD Noise Cancelling Processor QN1. This unique combination of technology controls eight microphones to deliver unprecedented noise cancelling quality.
Specially designed 30mm driver unit
The specially designed 30mm driver unit featuring a soft edge enhances noise cancelling, especially in low frequency ranges, helping you enjoy your music precisely without ambient noise. The carbon fiber composite material realizes light weight and high rigidity dome and improves sound clarity, especially in high frequency ranges.
1000X series best call quality ever
Our Precise Voice Pickup Technology uses four beamforming microphones and an AI-based noise reduction algorithm to isolate your voice precisely. A newly developed wind noise reduction structure minimises wind noise during calls. Wherever you are, you’ll always hear and be heard clearly.
Multiple microphones, focused on your voice
Equipped with four beamforming microphones, these headphones are calibrated to only pick up your voice. An improved signal-to-noise ratio enables them to catch every single word, even when there’s a lot of noise around.
Ultra clear, noise-free calls
With Precise Voice Pickup Technology and advanced audio signal processing, the person on the other end of the call will hear your voice clearly, even when you are in noisy situations. Our noise reduction algorithm was developed with AI machine learning using more than 500 million voice samples to suppress ambient noise and extract your voice clearly in a wide range of environments.
1 = With noise
2 = Without noise
All day comfort with a noiseless design
These lightweight headphones are beautifully finished in newly developed soft fit leather. This material fits snugly around the head with less pressure on the ears while keeping out external sounds. Our noiseless design with stepless slider, seamless swivel and hanger, and silent joints, makes WH-1000XM5 a pleasure to wear.
Adaptive Sound Control automatically adjusts to whatever you do
Adaptive Sound Control is a smart function that senses where you are and what you’re doing, then adjusts ambient sound settings for the ideal listening experience. When activated, it learns your behaviour and recognises locations that you frequently visit, such as your workplace or a favourite café, and tailors sound to suit the situation.
For everyday convenience, just Speak-to-Chat
As soon as you start a conversation, Speak-to-Chat automatically stops your music and lets in ambient sound – handy if you want to keep your headphones on or talk hands-free. This smart feature uses microphones built into your headphones and advanced audio signal processing to recognise and react to your voice. Once your chat is over, your music starts playing again automatically.
Quick access to your favourite music
With Quick Access, you can configure these headphones to resume Spotify music playback with two or three taps – no need to touch your smartphone.
For total convenience, these Bluetooth® headphones can be paired with two Bluetooth devices at the same time. So when a call comes in, your headphones know which device is ringing and connects to the right one automatically. You’ll also be able to quickly switch your headphones to either of the two devices at the touch of a button.
All day power and quick charging
With a huge 30 hours of battery life you’ll have enough power even for long trips. If you need to top up in a hurry, you can get 3 hours' worth of charge after just 3 minutes with an optional USB-PD compatible AC adapter.
Everything’s at your fingertips
The WH-1000XM5 headphones feature intuitive touch control settings – for example, push the button on the left side to switch from Noise Cancelling to Ambient Sound or use the touch panel on the right side to play or pause music, skip tracks, change volume and much more.
Collapsible case, saves space
Carry your headphones effortlessly in the soft matching case. Take them out and the collapsible case can be made up to 40% thinner for easy storage in a bag.
- WEIGHT: Approx. 250g
- General Features
- HEADPHONE TYPE: Closed, dynamic
- DRIVER UNIT: 30mm
- MAGNET: Neodymium
- IMPEDANCE (OHM): 48 ohm(1kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned on) , 16 ohm(1kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned off)
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 4 Hz - 40,000 Hz (JEITA)
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE (ACTIVE OPERATION) : 4 Hz - 40,000 Hz
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE(BLUETOOTH® COMMUNICATION):
- 20Hz-20,000Hz (44.1kHz sampling) 20Hz-40,000Hz (LDAC 96kHz sampling 990kbps)
- SENSITIVITIES (DB/MW): 102dB(1kHz) / mW (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned on) , 100dB / mW(1kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned off)
- VOLUME CONTROL: Touch Sensor
- CORD TYPE: Single-sided (detachable)
- CORD LENGTH: approx. 1.2m
- PLUG: Gold-plated L-shaped stereo mini plug
- INPUT(S): Stereo Mini Jack
- WEARING STYLE: Over Ear
- DSEE EXTREME: Yes
- PASSIVE OPERATION: Yes
- AMBIENT SOUND MODE: Yes
- BATTERY CHARGE TIME: Approx. 3.5 hrs
- BATTERY CHARGE METHOD: USB
- BATTERY LIFE(CONTINUOUS MUSIC PLAYBACK TIME): Max. 30 hrs (NC ON) , Max. 40 hrs (NC OFF)
- BATTERY LIFE(CONTINUOUS COMMUNICATION TIME): Max. 24 hrs (NC ON) , Max. 32 hrs (NC OFF)
- Bluetooth Specification
- BLUETOOTH VERSION: Bluetooth Specification Version5.2
- EFFECTIVE RANGE: 10m
- FREQUENCY RANGE: 2.4GHz band (2.4000GHz-2.4835GHz)
- PROFILE: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
- SUPPORTED AUDIO FORMAT(S): SBC, AAC, LDAC
- SUPPORTED CONTENT PROTECTION: SCMS-T
- Noise Cancelling
- PERSONAL NC OPTIMIZER: Auto NC Optimizer
- ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE OPTIMIZINNG: Yes
- AMBIENT SOUND MODE: Yes
- QUICK ATTENTION: Yes