Visions in full frame
See your photos and videos take on a new level of detail no matter what you shoot. With its full-frame sensor, powerful EXPEED 6 processor, and ultra-sharp EVF, the Nikon Z 5 makes it easy to create in full frame. You can even crop photos without loss of detail—perfect for prints and websites.
Portraits with rich tonal gradations. Movies with ultra-shallow depth of field. The full-frame 24.3 MP CMOS sensor takes full advantage of the ultra-wide Z mount’s light-gathering capabilities to deliver superb results.
Shines in any light
Enjoy the freedom to adapt instantly to changing light thanks to the camera’s wide 100-51200 ISO range. No need to worry about noise: you get clean images and stunning dynamic range at both high and low ISO values.
Rock-steady Vibration Reduction
Powerful in-camera 5-axis VR image stabilisation lets you shoot at shutter speeds up to five stops slower than otherwise possible. No matter which NIKKOR Z lens you are using, stills stay sharp and video is steady.
Small kit, big impact
The full-frame Nikon Z 5 is portable and highly capable—and so is the NIKKOR Z 24-50mm lens that is included in the core Z 5 kit. This NIKKOR Z lens is the smallest, lightest full frame zoom lens out there. From intriguing wide angles to powerful portraits, it frees you to capture so much more—anywhere.
- Type: Mirrorless
- Lens mount: Nikon Z mount
- Effective angle of view: FX
- Image sensor: CMOS, 35.9 mm x 23.9 mm
- Total pixels: 24.93 million
- Dust-reduction system: Image sensor cleaning, Image Dust Off reference data (Capture NX-D software required)
- Effective pixels: 24.3 million
- Storage media: SD, SDHC (UHS-II compliant), SDXC (UHS-II compliant)
- Storage media: 2 Secure Digital (SD) cards, the card in Slot 2 can be used for overflow or backup storage or for separate storage of NEF (RAW) and JPEG images; pictures can be copied between cards.
- ISO sensitivity: ISO 100 to 51200, in steps of 1/3 or 1/2EV, can also be set to approx. 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, or 1 EV (ISO 50 equivalent) below ISO 100 or to approx. 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, or 1 EV (ISO 102400 equivalent) above ISO 51200; auto ISO sensitivity control available
- Autofocus: Hybrid phase-detection/contrast AF with AF assist
- Movie - frame size (pixels) and frame rate: 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD): 30p (progressive)/25p/24p; 1920 x 1080: 60p/50p/30p/25p/24p
- Monitor: 8-cm (3.2–in.) diagonal; Tilting TFT touch-sensitive LCD with 170° viewing angle, approximately 100% frame coverage, and color balance and 11-level manual brightness controls; Approx.1040k-dot
- USB: Type C connector (SuperSpeed USB); connection to built-in USB port is recommended
- HDMI output: Type C HDMI connector
- Audio input: Stereo mini-pin jack (3.5 mm diameter; plug-in power supported)
- Audio output: Stereo mini-pin jack (3.5 mm diameter)
- Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) standards: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth standards: Bluetooth Specification Version 4.2, Bluetooth: 2402 to 2480 MHz Bluetooth Low Energy: 2402 to 2480 MHz, Bluetooth: –4.8 dBm Bluetooth Low Energy: –6.3 dBm; Approximately 10 m (32 ft)⁶
- Battery: One EN-EL15c rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Battery pack: MB-N10 battery pack (available separately); takes two EN-EL15c batteries
- Dimensions: (W x H x D) Approx. 134 x 100.5 x 69.5 mm (5.3 x 4.0 x 2.8 in.)
- Weight: Approx. 675 g (1 lb. 7.9 oz.) with battery and memory card but without body cap; approx. 590 g/1 lb. 4.9 oz. (camera body only)
- Supplied accessories: BF-N1 Body Cap, DK-29 Rubber Eyecup (comes attached to camera), EN-EL15c Rechargeable Li-ion, Battery with terminal cover, MH-25a Battery Charger (comes with either an AC wall adapter or power cable of a type and shape that varies with the country or region of sale), AN-DC19 Strap, UC-E24 USB Cable, BS-1 Accessory Shoe Cover