Super wide angle for APS-C sized sensors
With its effective focal length range of approximately 16-35mm in 35mm format, the EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM is a remarkable lens with outstanding image quality that will take your photography into new dimensions and areas of dramatic expression.
Small, light and close
Exceptionally light and compact for its focal length range, the EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM also has an incredibly close minimum focusing distance of just 24cm.
A ring-type USM works in conjunction with the camera to provide super-fast, precision auto focusing and predictive tracking - with full manual override available at any time.
Designed for digital
Designed specifically for digital photography, the lens has specially shaped lens elements and Super Spectra coatings to suppress ghosting and flare, which can be caused by reflections off the camera sensor. An exclusive optional lens hood can further reduce the incidence of flare.
A circular aperture allows for a pleasing background blur when shooting with a wide aperture; ideal for creating a sense of depth and getting your subject or model to stand out from the background.
- Image size: APS-C
- 35mm film equivalent focal length: 16-35
- Angle of view (horzntl, vertl, diagnl): 97º 10' - 54º 30', 74º 10'- 37º 50', 107º 30' - 63º 30'
- Lens construction (elements/groups): 13/10
- No. of diaphragm blades: 6
- Minimum aperture: 22-27
- Closest focusing distance: 0.24m
- Maximum magnification: x0.17 (at 22mm)
- Distance information: Yes
- Image stabilizer: No
- AF actuator: USM
- Filter diameter: 77 mm
- Max. diameter x length: 83.5 x 89.8 mm
- Weight: 385g
- Magnification - Extension Tube EF12 II: 0.77-0.58
- Magnification - Extension Tube EF25 II: 1.51-1.28
- Lens Cap: E-77U / E-77II
- Lens hood: EW-83E
- Soft case: LP1319