We are delighted that you have chosen to purchase a unique Selfridges’ Experience from our Experience Concierge on our Selfridges’ Website or App and we look forward to welcoming you for your chosen experience soon.
We have included below our Terms and Conditions which shall apply to your Selfridges’ Experience. Please be sure to read, and make sure you understand, these terms and conditions as they will apply to your Selfridges’ Experience. Please note that in the event your Selfridges’ Experience is for multiple guests and/or you are booking a Selfridges’ Experience on behalf of another guest, you will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions on both yours and your guests’ behalf.
Booking your Selfridges’ Experience
1. All Selfridges’ Experiences are subject to availability and shall be redeemable for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of purchase.
2. We suggest that you book your Selfridges’ Experience with our Experience Concierge well in advance (and at least seven (7) days before your desired date) in order to avoid any disappointment.
3. All Selfridges’ Experiences shall take place in Selfridges’ Oxford Street store and shall be available during Selfridges’ opening hours only unless otherwise advertised.
4. In order to organise your Selfridges’ Experience, you will need to contact our Experience Concierge who will be delighted to assist you. Our Experience Concierge will confirm the date and timing of your Selfridges’ Experience to you via email once they have confirmed your Selfridges’ Experience is available at the date and time proposed by you. We strongly advise that you do not make any accommodation or travel arrangements until we have confirmed your Selfridges’ Experience booking in writing.
5. In the event that we are unable to provide you with the exact Selfridges’ Experience originally purchased by you, we reserve the right to substitute the part of the Selfridges’ Experience with an equivalent experience of equal or greater value. In the event that you do not wish to accept this substitution, we will be happy to discuss providing you with a refund or exchange.
6. We are happy to discuss a bespoke upgrade to certain elements of your existing Selfridges’ Experience. Any such upgrade must be pre- agreed with our Experience Concierge before the date on which your Selfridges’ Experience is due to take place and will be subject to availability. Any associated and additional costs shall also be payable by you (or your guests).
7. Selfridges’ Experiences may be subject to age restrictions. For example, you must be over eighteen (18) to consume alcohol or in some cases, you may need to be a certain age to receive beauty treatments or watch a particular film at The Cinema in Selfridges. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have checked all details and any restrictions relating to your Selfridges’ Experience before contacting our Experience Concierge and arriving for your Selfridges’ Experience. Please note we reserve the right to request age identification before and during your Selfridges’ Experience to ensure that you or your guests can participate in all of your Selfridges’ Experience. In the event that you or your guests do not meet the age requirements, we shall be entitled to provide a suitable substitution to the relevant part of your Selfridges’ Experience. In some circumstances where we are unable to provide a suitable substitution or all of your Selfridges’ Experience is impacted as a result of the incomplete information provided by you, we may at our sole discretion cancel the entire Selfridges’ Experience. In such circumstances, Selfridges’ obligations in respect of your Selfridges’ Experience shall be deemed to have been fulfilled and your Selfridges’ Experience will not be rescheduled for an alternative date or a refund provided.
8. You are responsible for ensuring you keep your Selfridges’ Experience voucher safe. Risk in the voucher will pass to you upon either (a) receipt if your Selfridges’ Experience is purchased in store; or (b) receipt of the email if your Selfridges’ Experience is purchased online.
9. All Selfridges’ Experiences are non-transferable. We may require a proof of purchase to book your Selfridges’ Experience and at the store prior to your Experience.
Your Selfridges’ Experience
10. We suggest that you arrive fifteen (15) minutes early for your Selfridges’ Experience. If you or one of your guests is late for any part of your Selfridges’ Experience, your time may need to be reduced or altered to accommodate this. In these circumstances, we may not be able to carry out part of or any of your Selfridges’ Experience and as such, Selfridges shall be discharged in full of its obligations in respect of the part(s) of the Selfridges’ Experience you were late for.
11. The number of guests for each Selfridges’ Experience is clearly stated in the description for each of the relevant Selfridges’ Experiences. Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate any additional guests (including babies or children) unless this has been pre- agreed with our Experience Concierge. Please also note that a number of our Selfridges’ Experiences, including but not limited to “The Skater Kid Special” and our “FAO Schwarz: Out of hours” experiences will require that there is a minimum of one (1) adult who is solely responsible at all times for supervising no more than four (4) children. Selfridges shall under no circumstances be responsible for any children attending a Selfridges’ Experience.
12. You and your guests are responsible for all of your personal belongings for the duration of your Selfridges’ Experience. We cannot be responsible for any loss or damage to personal items whilst you are in Selfridges.
13. Whilst attending your Selfridges’ Experience, you agree to:
a. comply with all of our reasonable requests, including but not limited to, those relating specifically to health and safety and fire safety; and
b. ensure that you and your guests do not behave in a manner which is or may be dangerous, offensive, illegal or is a nuisance, annoyance or disturbance to Selfridges and/or its customers.
In the event that you (or your guests) do not comply with the above, we reserve the right to cease the experience (in part or entirely) and request that you leave Selfridges premises regardless of whether or not your Selfridges’ Experience has been fully delivered. In such circumstances, you will not receive or be entitled to any refund (pro-rated or otherwise) as a result of your Selfridges’ Experience being concluded earlier than advertised due to your or your guests conduct or behaviour.
14. It is your responsibility to check all details and any restrictions relating to a Selfridges’ Experience prior to your confirmation and attendance of the relevant Selfridges’ Experience. By placing a booking you warrant that you have read these terms and conditions and warrant that you and your guest shall comply with specific restrictions required of you to attend the Selfridges Experience (such as being aged 18 or over). We may request that you complete relevant documentation prior to your Selfridges’ Experience, including but not limited to a health, allergy or treatment questionnaire and/or an activity disclaimer. All information provided by you must be true, accurate and up to date.
15. It is your (or your guest’s) sole responsibility to communicate in advance of you Selfridges’ Experience any medical or health related conditions and/or special needs to Selfridges that might affect or be affected by any part of your Selfridges’ Experience. If you (or your guest) fail to disclose any such information to Selfridges, neither Selfridges nor any of its partners shall be liable to you (or your guest) for any injury, loss or damages that could have been avoided if you (or your guest) had disclosed this information prior to your Selfridges’ Experience commencing.
Cancellation and rescheduling of your Selfridges’ Experience
16. All Selfridges’ Experiences are non- refundable (pro-rated or otherwise). Your statutory rights are not affected.
17. If you cancel and/or attempt to reschedule your Selfridges’ Experience less than forty eight (48) hours before your Selfridges’ Experience is scheduled to take place, we will be unable to reschedule your Selfridges’ Experience and it will be automatically deemed to have redeemed (meaning Selfridges shall be discharged of its obligations to fulfil your Selfridges Experience from the date on which this late cancellation occurred).
18. In the event that you would like to reschedule your Selfridges’ Experience with over forty-eight (48) hours’ notice, please contact our Experience Concierge who will be delighted to reschedule your Selfridges’ Experience for an alternative and suitable date.
19. In the event that we need to unexpectedly reschedule your Selfridges Experience, we will contact you as soon as we can in order to reschedule your Selfridges’ Experience. We cannot however be responsible for any additional costs incurred by you as a result of our cancellation.
20. This Clause 20 shall apply to the “Hershesons Blow Dry Bar Subscription” experience only. You are required to redeem one (1) blow dry per month for the duration of the twelve (12) month subscription. We do however acknowledge that some months you may not be able to visit us and as such, you are entitled to rollover a maximum of three (3) blow drys to other months within the twelve (12) month subscription period. Any blow drys which are not redeemed each month or rolled over in accordance with this clause shall be automatically redeemed and will not be rescheduled.
21. This Clause 21 shall apply to “The Moyses Stevens Floristry Workshop” experience only. In light of the Covid - 19, this workshop may be delivered virtually. In such circumstances, you will be required to: (a) log-in using the instructions provided by our Experience Concierge; and (b) ensure you are available to receive the workshop materials at a designated time. Whilst we will endeavour to ensure that you receive your materials prior to the workshop, we cannot be held responsible in the event that you are not available to receive the delivery at the time agreed between us. In such circumstances, we will not be able to reschedule the workshop and your voucher will be automatically redeemed.
22. This Clause 22 shall apply to “Movie Night at the Cinema at Selfridges” experience only. Whilst we have a catalogue of over five hundred (500) films for you to choose from, we cannot guarantee that the film of your particular choice will be available(particularly any newly released films).
23. We really value your privacy and our Privacy & Cookie Policies set out how we may collect and use your personal data and how we look after it. We may retain your personal information, preferences and details of your booking in order to provide the best customer experience before and after you have completed your Selfridges’ Experience. We will retain this information in accordance with relevant data protection or privacy legislation. If at any point you no longer wish us to hold your personal information or you do not wish to receive information from us then there are a number of ways you can request that we delete this. Please see our Privacy & Cookie Policies for information on how to do this.
24. We care about your experience and want to ensure we maintain the highest standards possible. If you would like to book or discuss your Selfridges’ Experience or provide us with feedback, please contact us as follows:
· by phoning our Experience Concierge team on +44(0)800 090 2454; or
· by emailing our Experience Concierge at [email protected]
25. We shall not be responsible to you for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these Terms and Conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause beyond our, our agents, subcontractors or our suppliers’ reasonable control.
26. The details of the Selfridges Experience detailed online or in any other literature are for guidance only and the specific may differ. Please note that photographs and imagery are used for illustrative purposes only.
27. We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time where we consider it reasonable and necessary to do so.
28. You acknowledge that these Terms and Conditions in electronic format shall have the same force and effect as an agreement in writing.
29. In the event that you purchase your Selfridges’ Experience from Selfridges’ Website or App, you shall, in addition to these Terms and Conditions, be bound by our Platforms Terms and Conditions which can be found at: https://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/features/info/terms-conditions/.
30. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Health and Wellbeing Precautions – Covid -19
31. We recognise that the Government’s requirements in relation to Covid -19 may require that the time in which your Selfridges’ Experience can be redeemed need to be extended. Please contact our Experience Concierge who will be happy to discuss your concerns with you.
32. You or your guests should not attend your Selfridges’ Experience at Selfridges if you or one of your guests have any symptoms of Covid-19, have had symptoms in the past ten days or are living with someone who has symptoms or has had symptoms in the past fourteen days. Please call us to let us know that you will be unable to attend and we will cancel your Selfridges’ Experience (without charge) and discuss rescheduling your Selfridges’ Experience for an alternative date.
33. We may have to cancel your Selfridges’ Experience if you or one of your guests displays symptoms of Covid-19 or indicates that they have had these symptoms in the past ten days. Unfortunately, we cannot be held responsible for any costs you may incur as a result of attending your Selfridges’ Experience if you or one of your guests has symptoms. We therefore advise that if you have any concerns, you call us as soon as possible to discuss rescheduling your Selfridges’ Experience.
34. In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, we reserve the right to change or cancel your Selfridges’ Experience (even at very short notice) in order to ensure we are: keeping customers and team members safe; responding to Government guidance; and acting in accordance with any guidance, requests or requirements issued by other authorities. In these circumstances, we will reschedule your Selfridges’ Experience for an alternative date however we will not be responsible for any additional costs incurred by you as a result of our cancellation.
35. In line with current Government guidance, you and your guests will be required to wear a face covering for the duration of your Selfridges’ Experience unless directed otherwise by one of Selfridges’ team members.
36. The situation in relation to Covid -19 continues to remain uncertain and subject to change at short notice. As such, we suggest that in order to avoid any unnecessary disappointment, you check our website, national and local government advice and media updates before journeying to Selfridges for your Selfridges’ Experience. We expect all our customers to comply with their local tier restrictions as applicable and may refuse entry to any participants that would result in non-compliance with the Government guidance on mixing of households.