14. Refunds policy
Refunds on UK and EU Orders
Within fourteen (14) days of us receiving your Order back by post, or receiving proof from you that your Order was returned to us, we will refund you the original purchase price and delivery charge for your Order, provided that you return the Product(s) to us in a saleable condition.
Refunds will be issued back to you as follows:
a) If you paid for your Order using a credit or debit card then your refund will be made back to the same card irrespective of whether you return your Order via post or in person to one of our stores. This will appear in your account within five (5) days depending on your card issuer.
b) If you paid for your Order using your PayPal or Alipay account and you return it in store, you can either get a refund on a gift card or we can arrange for your Order to be returned to Selfridges delivery centre and your refund will be made back to your PayPal or Alipay account (this may take up to 10 days). If you return by post then your refund will be processed back to your PayPal or Alipay once we receive and process the Order.
c) If you paid for your Order using a gift card or e-voucher and returned it to us via post, then the refund will be made back to you via an e-voucher. Alternatively, if you paid for your Order using a gift card or e-voucher and returned it to one of our stores, then your refund will be given back to you on a gift card.
d) If you paid for your Order using a gift card or e-voucher as well as your credit or debit card, then any refund for that Order will be made back in the same amounts to the same payment methods that you used when originally placing your Order, with priority given to your credit or debit card. This means that if you placed an Order for £100 but used a £50 gift card, with the remainder paid for using your debit card, then you will receive a £50 refund to your debit card and a £50 refund to a gift card (if you returned your item to store) or e-voucher (if you returned your item via post). Alternatively, if you bought two items totalling £100 (one being £60 and the other £40) and you paid for these using a £50 gift card, with the remainder paid for using your debit card, then if you wanted to return the item worth £60 this would mean that you would receive a £50 refund to your debit card and a £10 refund to a gift card or e-voucher (subject to how you returned the item to us).
Subject to the delivery option that you selected when first placing your Order (for more information, see Dispatch and Delivery), we will also refund you one of the following:
a) If you chose and paid for Standard Delivery of your Order, then we will refund you the full cost of this.
b) If you chose and paid for either Nominated/Next Day or Same Day delivery of your Order, then it is at our sole discretion as to whether we refund you this delivery charge. At the very least you will be refunded the cost of what the Standard Delivery for your Order would have been.
c) Please note that if you chose our 'Click & Collect' service, there would have been no delivery charge for your Order and so no refund for delivery will be necessary.
d) If you are only returning part of your Order which was delivered to the same address, then there will be no refund for delivery.
In order to arrange for a refund of an original delivery charge (as outlined above), please contact our Customer Services Team or call 0800 123 400 (overseas callers +44 113 369 8040).
Refunds on a Non-EU Order
If you placed your Order online and paid for it to be delivered to a Non-EU country, then within fourteen (14) days of receiving your Order back by post we will refund you the original purchase price for your Order, provided that you return the Product(s) to us in a saleable condition.
Please note that we will not refund the original delivery charge or any applicable local customs duties charged to you at checkout and paid to your local customs authority. Certain countries permit refunds of customs duties paid on Products you subsequently return. However, you will need to apply to your local authority to process that.
[For certain US states, if an order is returned to us via our designated courier we may be able to refund sales taxes subject to the local state laws.]
Promotional discounts and refunds
If a promotional discount applied to your Order originally, then the same discount will be applied to each Product of your Order that you return. This means that you will only be refunded the amount that you originally paid for your Order or any given Product. Further, any free promotional gift given with an Order must also be returned if you are returning the Product(s) to which the gift related. When returning discounted products online, the usual 28-day returns policy applies to allow you time for returning the products. However, when returning discounted products in store, you have seven (7) days to return your product(s) from when you purchased it in store.
We monitor the number of returns made by customers, and repeated returns will be flagged and may, at our discretion, lead to the closure of your Selfridges Account.
Liability and Indemnity
If the fulfilment of an Order (or any aspect of it) would be illegal or unlawful, including by reason of breach of export controls or sanctions rules, or you fail any of our fraud detection or anti money laundering detection checks, Selfridges has the right to stop or cease to fulfil the Order (or part thereof) at any time and shall incur no liability in such circumstances.
You have certain rights as a customer, including legal rights relating to faulty or misdescribed goods. For further information about your legal rights in the United Kingdom, contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizen's Advice Bureau. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will affect these legal rights and, in particular, we will perform our obligations under these Terms and Conditions with reasonable care and skill.
Any Orders delivered to you will be of satisfactory quality. However, if we deliver an Order that is not of satisfactory quality, you can:
a) contact us for a full refund within thirty (30) days of delivery; or
b) contact us for a repair or replacement.
We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Terms and Conditions for any direct, special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages including loss of profit, loss of opportunity or any losses related to any business including (without limitation) lost data, earnings or business interruption that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the material or Content on the Platforms, a Product, or the conduct of other Users of the Platforms, even if Selfridges has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
You agree to fully indemnify, defend and hold harmless Selfridges, our agents, officers, directors, employees and suppliers, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of the Platforms, or the use by any other person accessing the Platforms using your Selfridges Account and/or your Personal Information.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our agents or employees.
We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time. If any clause of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that clause shall be deemed severable from the Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remainder of these Terms and Conditions which shall continue to have full force and effect.
We will not be responsible to you for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these Terms and Conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause beyond our reasonable control.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in other situations where you are in breach. No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any clause of these Terms and Conditions.
The Platforms may only be used for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Platforms and any transactions conducted on or through the Platforms. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 are expressly excluded from these Terms Conditions such that no third party may claim any rights under these Terms and Conditions.
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using the Platforms, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on the Platforms. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
These Terms and Conditions govern our relationship with you and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and Selfridges. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms and Conditions will only be effective if in writing and signed by a Director of Selfridges. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept the Terms and Conditions, you have not relied on any representation save insofar as the same has expressly been made a clause of these Terms and Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any representation. Your statutory tights are not affected by these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 4 May 2021.
17. Comments and Complaints Procedure
Please contact us if you have any comments or complaints by contacting our Customer Services team or by calling 0800 123 400 (+44 113 369 8040 from overseas). We will always endeavour to resolve any dispute as swiftly as possible.
If you are not happy with how we have handled your complaint, you have the option to use Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) rather than issuing a claim against Selfridges. ADR is a process which is free for you to use and involves an independent body considering the facts of your dispute and producing a written determination which is binding on Selfridges.
If you would like to pursue ADR , you will need to submit a complaint to RetailADR (previously the Retail Ombudsman) in writing (at RetailADR, 12–14 Walker Avenue, Wolverton Mill, Milton Keynes MK12 5TW), by email ([email protected]) or by phone (+44 (0)20 3540 8063). Please note that any disputes may also be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform.
18. Our details
Selfridges Retail Limited is registered in England with company number 97117. Its registered office is 400 Oxford Street, London, W1A 1AB. Our call centre details are: telephone 0800 123 400 (+44 113 369 8040 from overseas) or contact us. VAT Registration Number: GB 705 3259 52
19. Supplier Terms and Conditions
All our supplier guidelines, Terms and Conditions and ethical trading requirements are accessible through the below links
Selfridges Ethical Trading Requirements
Selfridges Standard Terms & Conditions for the Supply of Goods and Services
Selfridges Supplier Guidelines
SELFRIDGES HAMPERS T&CS
Ordering Incentives – telephone orders
To thank you for placing your order with Selfridges, we would like to offer the following incentives for orders placed in excess of £2,500 (excluding delivery). This incentive can only be claimed when ordering by telephone on (+44) 0207 318 3458
Orders over £2,500 and up to £5000 – 5% discount
Orders over £5000 and up to £7,500 – 7.5% discount
Orders over £7,500 and up to £10,000 – 10% discount
How to order yours
Online at selfridges.com/hampers
In store at all Selfridges stores
Telephone: (+44) 0207 318 3458
Email: [email protected]
Hamper service line
If you have any questions or queries about ordering your hamper or gift box, please call our dedicated team on (+44) 0207 318 3458. This service is open during store opening hours.
We are able to offer a next/nominated day delivery service for orders delivered up to and including Thursday 24 December. The cut-off time for orders requiring next-day delivery is 1pm the day before, except for Monday deliveries which must be placed by 1pm on the Friday.
Any order received without a specified date will be delivered in time for Christmas between 1 to 24 December. We are unable to deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays. See our last online order dates for Christmas here.
Delivery of gifts containing fresh food
All gifts containing fresh food and cheese will be freshly packed and available for delivery from Friday 18 December. Fresh food cannot be delivered on a Monday, as we cannot guarantee that items will remain fresh during transit over the weekend. Please ensure that the recipient is available to receipt their gift as we are unable to attempt re-delivery.
Out of area deliveries
We deliver to Scottish Highlands, Western Isles, Shetland Island, Orkney Islands, Isle of Wight and the Isle of Man, however, please allow an additional five (5) days for standard delivery. We regret to say that we are unable to deliver fresh goods to these locations. For delivery to Jersey and Guernsey, see international deliveries.
Some of our hampers can be shipped worldwide, subject to the import restrictions of the destination country. Please also be aware that the price of a product may change at checkout if it is subject to any taxes, duties, fees, levies or delivery charges applied in the country you have selected for delivery of your order.
To make sure we can meet our high delivery standards, please make sure you give to accurate delivery address details, including recipient’s postcode and telephone number.
How to pay
We accept payment for Orders by Maestro, MasterCard, Visa, Visa Debit, American Express, Solo, Electron, PayPal, Alipay, gift cards and e-vouchers. Gift cards and e-vouchers can only be used for orders in British Pounds. We accept BACS transfers by prior arrangement.
Wines and spirits
Hampers and gifts that include alcohol may only be ordered by customers aged 18 or over.
Make it special with a personal greeting, free of charge. Write a message up to 250 characters long and we will include it in their hamper.
All deliveries are fully insured. In the unlikely event your hamper arrives broken or damaged, claims should be made on 0800 123 400 within 48 hours of receipt. Claims for lost parcels must be made by Sunday 31 January 2021.
These prices are all correct at the time of going to print (August 2020). Prices are valid until Thursday 31 December 2020.
VAT and duty
All prices include VAT at variable rates and duty charged at the rates prevailing at publication. We reserve the right to amend prices according to changes in duty. Customs duties may be payable by overseas recipients and we regret to say we cannot advise on the amounts.
We are not able to accept returns for Hampers (this includes Hampers which we have not been able to deliver) If you order a hamper or gift box online and wish to cancel the order, please visit www.selfridges.com/features/info/terms-conditions/ for full details of our cancellation policy.
All items shown are subject to availability. If we do happen to run out of any products, we reserve the right to substitute these with an item of equal or greater value. The hampers and gifts shown only contain the items listed.
HURR Collective – Customer Rental Terms
1. If you rent an item from Selfridges via the HURR Collective concession (the “HURR Collective”) (the “HURR Item”), HURR Collective will confirm the terms of the rental (the “Rental”) with you (the “Rental Summary”) which together with these terms and the Selfridges’ Terms and Conditions shall form the rental agreement (the “Rental Agreement”). In the event of any conflict between the Selfridges Terms and Conditions and the Rental Agreement, the Rental Agreement shall prevail.
2. The Rental Agreement shall be between you and Selfridges and the Rental shall be fulfilled and managed by HURR Collective on our behalf in accordance with the Rental Agreement. The Rental Agreement gives you the right to rent the HURR Item only. At no point will you own the HURR Item or have any right to hold the HURR Item for longer than the Rental Period and you shall return it to us under the terms set out below.
3. The Rental Summary shall be provided to you and shall set out the rental period (the “Rental Period”); the rental price (the “Rental Price”); the full retail value of the HURR Item (the “Retail Value”) which you shall either a) pre-authorise us to charge to your chosen method of payment plus an administration charge of 20% of the Retail Value (the “Administration Charge”) or b) agree is the maximum amount you shall pay to us plus the Administration Charge in the event of damage etc in accordance with the Rental Agreement (the “Pre-Authorised Amount”); return information; and any other relevant details.
4. The Rental Price is inclusive of the cost of minor repairs to the HURR Item up to £50 (such cost to be determined by HURR Collective in their absolute discretion) (“Minor Repairs”). You shall be responsible and shall pay to us a sum up to the Pre-Authorised Amount (plus the Administration Charge), for any loss, destruction or damage to the HURR Item which requires more than a Minor Repair.
5. On return of a HURR Item, HURR Collective shall have full discretion to determine a) whether more than Minor Repairs are required to the HURR Item and the cost of such repairs to be charged to you up to the Pre-Authorised Amount (plus the Administration Charge); or b) whether the HURR Item is damaged beyond repair and you shall be charged the Pre-Authorised Amount (plus the Administration Charge) in addition to the Rental Price. HURR Collective shall wherever possible provide photographic evidence to you of on any damage that requires more than Minor Repairs or damage beyond repair.
Cancellation, Refunds and Extension
6. Once you have entered into the Rental Agreement, it may not be cancelled and you are obliged to pay the Rental price, irrespective of whether the HURR Item is worn during the Rental Period.
7. You are only entitled to a refund of the Rental Price in the event the HURR Item is provided to you damaged or not in a fit state to be worn. No other refunds shall be given.
8. All requests for refunds can only be made to the HURR Collective concession on the third floor of our Oxford Street store. Refunds will not be processed at any other till or concession.
9. You may agree an extension to your Rental Period via [email protected]. The period of extension and the extension price shall be subject to written confirmation from HURR Collective. Any payment for an extension not taken at the time of extension shall be taken on return of the HURR Item or charged to you up to the Pre-Authorised Amount.
10. Return of the HURR Item must be made per the terms of the Rental Agreement either (a) in our Oxford Street store at the HURR Collective concession only located on the third floor or (b) in the post via the returns box provided by HURR Collective when you rented the HURR Item. Returns will not be accepted at any other concession or till in the Oxford Street store or at any other Selfridges store. HURR Items not returned in accordance with the above will be deemed not returned under the terms of the Rental Agreement.
11. Returns made after the Rental Period are subject to a late fee charge of £25 per HURR Item per day and are strictly enforced with no exceptions. If you return the HURR Item more than 5 days after the expiry of the Rental Period you will be charged the Retail Value in addition to any applicable late fees.
12. Following return of the HURR Item, you will receive a confirmation from HURR Collective that the HURR Item has been returned and whether any additional sums up to the Pre-Authorised Amount are required to be charged under the terms of the Rental Agreement.
Cleaning and Alterations
13. Please do not wash or dry clean the HURR Item. The Rental Price is inclusive of fair and reasonable cleaning costs so please just return it to the HURR Collective per the instructions in 10. above.
14. Please do not make any alterations to the HURR Item. Temporary hemp tape may be used with agreement of HURR Collective at the time of Rental.
15. These terms do not affect your statutory rights.
Selfridges’ Rewards Survey Prize Draw Terms and Conditions: OCTOBER 2019
1. This prize draw (the “Prize Draw”) is organised by Selfridges Retail Limited of 400 Oxford Street, London W1A 1AB (“Selfridges”).
2. These terms and conditions are the rules which shall apply to the Prize Draw (the “Rules”). By entering into the Prize Draw you agree to be bound by these Rules.
3. The Prize Draw is open to Selfridges Customers who have opted in to receive marketing communications from Selfridges and are over 18 years old.
4. Employees of Selfridges, and any of its affiliates and any other persons or employees associated with these companies and their families, agents and anyone else connected with the Prize Draw shall not be entitled to enter the Prize Draw.
5. Selfridges reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
Prize Draw Entries
6. The Prize Draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
7. To enter the Prize Draw, an entrant needs to complete the customer survey and submit their responses in full to Selfridges by clicking the submit button included in the survey.
8. Once the entrant has submitted the survey the entrant will automatically be entered into the Prize Draw (a “Qualifying Entrant”).
9. All Prize Draw entries must be submitted through clicking the submit button included in the survey.
10. Qualifying Entrants are limited to one (1) Prize Draw entry irrespective of whether they have multiple email addresses.
11. The opening date for entries to the Prize Draw is 10 October 2019. The closing date of the Prize Draw is 18thOctober 2019 10am GMT. Entries received after this time will not qualify for entry into the Prize Draw (though it is possible that the closing date will be extended).
12. One (1) winner will be drawn at random from all entries by a member of the Selfridges’ Head Office team on or by 31stOctober 2019 (the “Winner”). In all matters, the decision of Selfridges shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into in this regard.
13. The Winner will receive a cheque for one thousand pounds (£1,000.00) (the “Prize”).
14. The Winner will be notified by Selfridges within 28 days of the closing date.
15. The Prize will be dispatched to the Winner within 10 working days of being notified that they have won.
16. The Prize is non-exchangeable and non-transferable. Selfridges reserves the right to replace the Prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value, if necessary.
17. The Prize is awarded at Selfridges’ discretion and no Prize will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of the Winner.
18. Selfridges reserves the right to request written proof of age and proof of identity of the Winner at any time and for any reason.
19. Selfridges reserves the right in its sole discretion to withhold delivery of the Prize to the Winner until such proof of eligibility and identity of the Winner has been confirmed or to disqualify any Winner from the Prize Draw as it sees fit.
20. Selfridges reserves the right to cancel or amend the Prize Draw or these Rules at any time and without prior notice.
21. Selfridges, and any of their affiliates or any other persons or employees associated with these companies/persons will not be liable to any Qualifying Entrant, Winner or to any other person in the event that all or any part of the Prize Draw or Rules are cancelled or amended in any way.
22. In the event of any dispute regarding these Rules and all other matters relating to the Prize Draw, the decision of Selfridges shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
23. Selfridges does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered howsoever arising from the Prize Draw or the Prize, whether due to any errors or omissions or other cause by Selfridges, its employees, agents or others to the fullest extent permitted by law. Nothing shall exclude Selfridges’ liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence. Selfridges will not be liable for its inability to contact the Winner or award the Prize as a result of any mistakes or errors in the contact details provided by the Winner.
24. Selfridges does not warrant that the Prize Draw will be free from errors or omissions. The Prize Draw may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of Selfridges.
26. The Prize Draw will be governed exclusively by English law and all Qualifying Entrants (including the Winner) submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
27. You can contact Selfridges in relation to the Prize Draw by writing to: Customer Insight, Selfridges Retail Limited, Head Office, 400 Oxford Street, London W1A 1AB.
Selfridges’ Draw Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are the rules which shall apply to your entry into Selfridges Draw on the Selfridges App (the “Rules”). By entering the Draw (the “Draw”) with the requested information you agree to be bound by these Rules and Selfridges Terms and Conditions which can be found at https://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/features/info/terms-conditions/ (the “Selfridges Terms and Conditions”).
1. The Draw is open to all Selfridges’ customers who have downloaded the Selfridges App. To enter each Draw listed by Selfridges, you must be sixteen (16) years old. Entrants are limited to one (1) entry per Draw and only one (1) entry will be accepted per address (the “Qualifying Entrant”).
2. Any Qualifying Entrants who are found to have made multiple entries will be disqualified by Selfridges and shall be removed from the Draw and may at Selfridges sole discretion be prohibited from entering any future Draws run by Selfridges.
3. The Draw shall open and close as detailed in each individual Draw listing (the “Individual Draw Listing”).
4. Entrants to the Draw shall be given the opportunity to purchase a product launched in Selfridges (the “Product”). Exact details of the Product shall be further detailed in each Individual Draw Listing.
5. Selfridges shall randomly choose the names of the successful entrants drawn from the Draw on a date and time provided in the Individual Draw Listing (the “Successful Entrant”).
6. A Successful Entrant will be sent a push notification in the Selfridges App with an invitation to purchase the Product which shall include a click through to a page which contains a link to Selfridges checkout (the “Invitation Notification”). A Successful Entrant will also be able to find the Invitation Notification in their “Profile” Section in the App. A Successful Entrant must successfully complete the purchase (including payment) of the Product within the time specified in the Invitation Notification (the “Allocated Purchase Period”).
7. The opportunity to purchase the Product shall only be available to the Successful Entrant in the Allocated Purchase Period. Please note that the Product must be delivered to an address in the United Kingdom. For the avoidance of doubt, this does not include an address registered to a freight forwarder based in the United Kingdom.
8. Once the Allocated Purchase Period has elapsed for the Successful Entrant, the opportunity to purchase the Product shall no longer be open to the Successful Entrant and shall be reallocated randomly to other participants in the Draw.
9. Selfridges will only contact Successful Entrants via an Invitation Notification and shall not be responsible for notifying unsuccessful entrants that they have not been selected from the Draw.
10. Following the completion of the Draw, Selfridges reserves the right to offer the Product for sale on the Selfridges Website in the event that additional units of the Product are still available after the Successful Entrants have been contacted and the Allocated Purchase Period has elapsed.
11. Selfridges reserves the right to disqualify any Qualifying Entrant or Successful Entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that it has breached any of the Rules. For the avoidance of doubt, this shall include, but not be limited to, entrants who are suspected of reselling the Product, entrants suspected of or engaging in fraudulent activity or any entrants suspected of or engaging in improper actions in relation to the Draw.
12. Selfridges reserves the right to cancel or amend the Draw, these Rules and the Selfridges Terms and Conditions at any time and without prior notice.
13. Selfridges, and any of their affiliates or any other persons or employees associated with these companies/persons will not be liable to any Qualifying Entrant, Successful Entrant or to any other person in the event that all or any part of the Draw or Rules are cancelled or amended in any way.
14. In the event of any dispute regarding these Rules and all other matters relating to the Draw, the decision of Selfridges shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
15. Selfridges does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered howsoever arising from the Draw, whether due to any errors or omissions or other cause by Selfridges, its employees, agents or others to the fullest extent permitted by law. Selfridges will not be liable for its inability to contact a successful entrant as a result of any mistakes or errors in the contact details provided by an entrant.
16. Selfridges does not warrant that the Draw will be free from errors or omissions. The Draw may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of Selfridges.
18. The Draw will be governed exclusively by English law and all Qualifying Entrants (including the Successful Entrants) submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
RESELLFRIDGES BUYBACK SERVICE
We are excited that you would like to sell your own Product(s) through the RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service. The RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service Terms and Conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) set out the terms on which we may agree to purchase the Product(s) from you and the steps each of us will need to take in order to complete this purchase.
The RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service is operated by Selfridges Retail Limited in conjunction with Luxis Baltic (the “Partner”). The Partner is a private limited company under registry code 12824968 in Estonia and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Upteam Co. Ltd who are a company registered in the Philippines. Our Partner is a valuation expert based in Estonia who will be responsible for working with us to organise the collection of your Product and carrying out the Valuation Process and Inspection. Our Partner will then purchase your Products (s) from us) to include within its curated pre-loved collections.
Please be sure to read, and make sure you understand, the Terms and Conditions prior to using the RESELLFRIDGES Platform and participating in the RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service. By using the RESELLFRIDGES Platform and participating in the RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions in respect of your use of the RESELLFRIDGES Platform and our purchase of any and all your Product(s).
1.1 The following definitions apply to these Terms and Conditions:
“Collection Information” means details of the address from which the Product will be collected and a collection date and a three-hour window on this date during which you will be available to hand over the Product(s);
“Collection Service” means our Partner’s collection of your Product at the address specified in the Collection Information provided by you;
“EU” means a European Union member state, which, for the time being, includes the UK;
“Inspection” has the definition given to it at Clause 5.1 of these Terms and Conditions;
“Offer Email” means an email sent to you detailing whether or not we have decided to purchase the Product and if so, the Offer Price for the Product;
“Offer Price” means the value of a Selfridges eGift Card in pound sterling (£) that may be sent to you;
“Product” means a Product offered for sale by You to us via the RESELLFRIDGES Platform;
“Product Submission” means the combined information as further detailed in Clause 2.3 of these Terms and Conditions:
“Purchase Confirmation Email” means an email sent by us to you which confirms your Product has passed Inspection and will be purchased at the Offer Price communicated to you
“RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service” means a buy-back service operated by Selfridges in conjunction with its Partner which facilities the collection and potential purchase of a Product from you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
“RESELLFRIDGES Platform” means the website located at www.resellfridges.com, or any subsequent URL which may replace it, and the Selfridges app accessed using a mobile device;
“Selfridges eGift Card” has the definition given to it at Clause 6.1 of these Terms and Conditions;
“Selfridges Gift Card Terms and Conditions” means the Terms and Conditions which shall govern your use of the Selfridges eGift Card. A current copy of which can be found at https://www.selfridges.com/features/info/gift-card/gift-card-terms/ and shall also be supplied to you with the Purchase Confirmation Email;
“Submission Form” means the electronic form on the RESELLFRIDGES Platform which requires you to submit your contact information and information relating to the Product as further detailed in Clause 2 of these Terms and Conditions;
“Terms and Conditions” means these RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service Terms and Conditions;
“Valuation Process” has the definition given to it at Clause 2.5 of these Terms and Conditions;
“We”, “us” or “Selfridges” means Selfridges Retail Limited. Please note, Selfridges has instructed its Partner to: (a) collect and return the Product in accordance with the Collection Information provided by you,(b) carry out the Valuation Process; and (c) carry out the Inspection of the Product. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, all references to “we”, “us”, or “Selfridges”, will be taken to include any such third parties, including but not limited to the Partner.
“UK” means, for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland; and
“You” means a user of the RESELLFRIDGES Platform and/or user of the RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service.
2 YOUR PRODUCT
2.1 All Product(s) offered for sale by You as part of the RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service shall be subject at all times to our approval.
2.2 As part of the approval process, you are required to complete a Submission Form on the RESELLFRIDGES Platform.
2.3 The Submission Form will require that you provide the following information:
(a) Your full name;
(b) Your contact details including your telephone number and email address;
(c) Your country of residence. Please note we are currently only able to accept Product(s) from the EU;
(d) Details of the Product, including but not limited to the Product’s brand, style, condition and size; and
(e) Images of the Product, including specific images illustrating any damage to the Product and its overall condition,
(together the “Product Submission”).
2.4 You warrant to us that you are solely responsible for the Product Submission and that all information you submit to the RESELLFRIDGES Platform shall:
(a) be true, accurate, current and complete;
(b) not infringe the rights of any third party;
(c) not contain anything libellous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene nor constitute an invasion of privacy;
(d) not contain any content which is obscene or pornographic (including child pornography); and
(e) not violate any applicable laws, statutes or regulations.
2.5 The Product Submission shall be sent directly to our Partner who shall use the information provided by You to determine whether or not an offer for the Product should be made and the value of this offer (the “Valuation Process”). This will also be shared with the RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service team as part of the service offering.
3 OUR OFFER
3.1 Following the Valuation Process, we shall send you an Offer Email.
3.2 Any Offer Price contained in the Offer Email shall be fixed and we will not accept any counteroffers made by You.
3.3 Upon receipt of the Offer Email, you shall have the option of accepting or rejecting the Offer Price.
3.4 If you accept the Offer Price within fourteen days( starting from the date on which you received the Offer Email), this will indicate to us that you are willing to sell your Product to us at the Offer Price.
3.5 If you do not accept our Offer Price within fourteen days of receipt of the Offer Email, the Offer Price for your Product shall be automatically withdrawn. If you change your mind and wish to accept the Offer Price after we have withdrawn the Offer Price, you will need to resubmit your Product Submission. We shall not be bound by any previous Offer Prices for the same Product and any future offers may differ from the original Offer Price provided in accordance with Clause 3.1 of these Terms and Conditions.
3.6 Your acceptance of the Offer Price for the Product shall be deemed to have been communicated to us by way of response to the Offer Email. This acceptance of the Offer Price shall constitute final and irrevocable consent by You to sell the Product to Us and for Us to purchase the Product for the Offer Price.
3.7 We regret that we may not be able to provide an Offer Price for your Product in certain circumstances and we shall communicate this to you in writing. Circumstances in which we may not be able to make an offer shall include, but not be limited to:
(a) being able to determine the authenticity of the Product:
(b) the condition of the Product is not suitable;
(c) the Product is from a brand we don’t currently accept;
(d) the Product is based outside the EU;
(e) the Product is not a handbag (we are currently only accepting handbags in the RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service); and/or
(f) the Product is not a style we are currently accepting.
4 COLLECTION OF YOUR PRODUCT FOR INSPECTION
4.1 Upon acceptance of the Offer Price in accordance with Clause 3.6 of these Terms and Conditions, you will be asked to provide the Collection Information to us via email. We will share the Collection Information with our Partner who will arrange a Collection Service for your Product. We will contact you to inform you that the Collection Service is scheduled and confirmed.
4.2 You shall not be responsible for any costs associated with the Collection Service, however we shall arrange no more than three (3) separate attempts to collect the Product. After the third unsuccessful attempt, the Offer Price for the Product shall be automatically withdrawn and you will be required to resubmit the Product in accordance with Clause 2 of these Terms and Conditions. We shall not be bound by any previous Offer Prices for the same Product and any future offers may differ from the original Offer Price provided in accordance with Clause 3.1 of these Terms and Conditions.
4.3 You will be required to prepare the Product for the Collection Service in accordance with our written instructions which shall include but not be limited to, providing your own packaging for the Product and printing off a label which should be affixed to your package containing the Product.
4.4 You shall be solely responsible for ensuring that the Product and all other associated materials included in the Product Submission (including, but not limited to, dust bags, authenticity document and additional accessories accompanying the Product) are included in the package. In the event your Product is received without the additional items referred to in the Product Submission, we shall deem the Product to be unfit for purchase and we shall return the Product to you at our own cost.
4.5 We shall assume responsibility for your Product upon collection of the Product from the address provided by you in the Collection Information. In the event that we need to return the Product to you for whatever reason (including but not limited to those reasons listed in Clauses 3.7. 4.4 and 5.1), our responsibility for the Product shall cease upon completion of the delivery of the Product(s) to the address provided by you in the Collection Information. We shall have no responsibility for the Product in the event that the Collection Service is not arranged or used by you.
4.6 You must not use any other delivery or courier service to deliver the Product to us or our Partner via any process or provider other than the Collection Service listed in this Clause 4. Any Product sent by you and/or received by us or our Partner which has not followed the Collection Service listed in this Clause 4 shall not be accepted and any cost associated with this, as well as the risk, loss or damage to your Product shall be borne by You.
4.7 Please note that your Product will be inspected by our Partner who is based in Estonia.
5 OUR PURCHASE OF THE PRODUCT
5.1 Upon receipt of your Products, our Partner shall inspect the Product to ensure that it matches the description provided by You in the Product Description, is in a suitable condition and is authentic (the “Inspection”). In the event that the Product is considered in our sole discretion to be in bad condition, severely damaged, counterfeit, is not as described in the Product Description or as otherwise deemed unacceptable, the Product will be deemed unfit for purchase and shall be returned to you at the address listed in the Collection Information at our cost.
5.2 If your Product passes the Inspection, we shall send to you a Purchase Confirmation Email.
6 PAYMENT FOR THE PRODUCT
6.1 We will send a Selfridges electronic gift card (the “Selfridges eGift Card”) within forty-eight (48 hours) of sending the Purchase Confirmation Email. We shall issue the Selfridges eGift Card to the value of the Offer Price and all amounts shall be in pound sterling
6.2 Please note that the Selfridges eGift Card can be used to purchase goods and services at any of our stores (including selfridges.com). The Selfridges eGift Card is subject to some exclusions (as further detailed in the Selfridges Gift Card Terms and Conditions) and cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash (except in accordance with your legal rights) or used for making Selfridges account payments. Your use of the Selfridges eGift Card shall be at all times in accordance with the Selfridges Gift Card Terms and Conditions.
7.1 In addition to the warranties you provided at Clause 2.4 of these Terms and Conditions, you warrant to us that
(a) you are over eighteen (18) years of age at the time of your use of the RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service;
(b) you have the all legal rights, title and interest to sell the Product you submit to the RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service and that the Product is free of all liens and encumbrances;
(c) the Product is authentic and not counterfeit;
(d) the Product is not stolen and/ or has not been acquired by fraudulent means;
(e) the Product does not infringe any third-party intellectual property rights;
(f) the Product does not contain: fur (including product trim); exotic skins (this includes all skin/leather not derived from cow/calf, sheep/lamb, pig, goat and water buffalo;) and any endangered species listed on CITES Appendix I or the EU Wildlife Trade Regulations Annex A; and
(g) the Products is in a clean and hygienic condition, unsoiled and free of any infestations.
7.2 You agree to fully indemnify, defend and hold harmless Selfridges, it officers, directors, employees, its Partner and suppliers, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of the RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service.
8 YOUR USE OF THE RESELLFRIDGES BUYBACK SERVICE
8.1 The RESELLFRIDEGS Buyback Service is provided solely for your personal use and should not be used for any commercial purposes. As such, we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, business, business opportunity, business interruption or any other indirect losses.
8.2 You agree that you are and shall be personally responsible for your use of the RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service (including your use of the RESELLFRIDGES Platform). If we determine that you are, or have been, engaged in activities which are unlawful, abusive, obscene, fraudulent, criminal, in contravention of these Terms and Conditions or constitute an invasion of privacy, we may deny your access to the RESELLFRIDGES Platform / or the RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service.
8.3 You must not establish any link to the RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists or establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
8.4 We make no warranty that the RESELLFRIDGES Platform will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, and reliability of the RESELLFRIDGES Platform. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of material uploaded or transmitted through the RESELLFRIDGES Platform.
8.5 Whilst we endeavour to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the RESELLFRIDGES Platform we make no warranties (whether express or implied) in relation to its accuracy. The RESELLFRIDGES Platform is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the RESELLFRIDGES Platform or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the RESELLFRIDGES Platform or the RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service more generally.
8.6 We may modify or withdraw the RESELLFRIDGES Platform (or any part of it) and the RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service temporarily or permanently, and we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to, or withdrawal of, the RESELLFRIDGES Platform and the RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service and you agree to use the RESELLFRIDGES Platform and the RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service on this basis.
9 DATA PROTECTION
10.1 We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time so please ensure you check the latest version. If you do not agree to any changes in these Terms and Conditions, we advise you to stop using the RESELLFRIDGES Platform immediately and/ or withdraw your participation from the RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service.
10.2 If we make any material changes to the RESELLFRIDGES Platform and/or RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service, we will notify you via email or by notice on our website prior to implementation of the change. We shall take any continued use of the RESELLFRIDGES Platform and/or RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service following such notice as consent and acceptance of such change. If you do not wish to continue with the RESELLFRIDGES Platform and/or RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service following any material change, please contact us as soon as possible.
10.3 If any clause of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that clause shall be deemed severable from the Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remainder of these Terms and Conditions which shall continue to have full force and effect.
10.4 We shall not be responsible to you for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these Terms and Conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause beyond our, our agents, subcontractors, suppliers or our Partner’s reasonable control.
10.5 If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in other situations where you are in breach. No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any clause of these Terms and Conditions. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms and Conditions will only be effective if in writing and signed by a Director of Selfridges.
10.6 The provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 are expressly excluded from these Terms Conditions such that no third party may claim any rights under these Terms and Conditions.
10.7 All text, graphics, photographs including all image rights, videos, logos, trademarks, artwork, sounds, music, user interfaces, visual interfaces and computer code on the RESELLFRIDGES Platform (the "Content") belongs to Selfridges (or is licensed to Selfridges). This Content includes, but is not limited to, the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, "look and feel" and arrangement of it. The Content is protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights and you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, publicly display, translate, transmit or distribute this Content in any way without Selfridges' prior written permission.
10.8 You acknowledge that these Terms and Conditions in electronic format shall have the same force and effect as an agreement in writing.
10.9 When using the RESELLFRIDGES Platform, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on the RESELLFRIDGES Platform. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
10.10 The RESELLFRIDGES Platform and RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service may only be used for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the RESELLFRIDGES Buyback Service and any transactions conducted on or through the RESELLFRIDGES Platform. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
11 OUR DETAILS
Selfridges Retail Limited is registered in England with company number 97117. Its registered office is 400 Oxford Street, London, W1A 1AB.