The NIKKOR Z 24 mm f/1.8 S is an S-Line lens that provides outstandingly high-resolution images of both stills and movies across the entire frame at all shooting distances in diverse applications ranging from indoor scenes and wide-angle snapshots to astrophotography and landscapes.
Utilizing a fast f/1.8 maximum aperture, higher shutter speeds can be used even for indoor and dark scenes to minimize image blur caused by subject movement. Also, thanks to the shallow depth of field provided by the fast f/1.8 aperture, this lens is suitable for image expression such as wide-angle shots with a largely blurred background, for example.
Nano Crystal Coat effectively reduces ghost and flare caused by incident light, resulting in clear images even when a light source is located within the frame.
Genuine movie recording performance has been achieved by intensive consideration even of details such as minimized operational sound, stable aperture control and effective focus-breathing compensation.
Lens body was designed while carefully considering dust- and drip-resistant performance for enhanced reliability.
- Dimensions Approximately 78.0 mm maximum diameter x 96.5 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)
- Weight Approximately 450 g/15.9 oz
- Focal length 24 mm
- Maximum aperture f/1.8
- Minimum aperture f/16
- Lens construction 12 elements in 10 groups (including 1 ED glass and 4 aspherical lens elements, and elements with Nano Crystal Coat)
- Angle of view FX format: 84°, DX-format: 61°
- Minimum focus distance 0.25 m/0.82 ft from focal plane
- Maximum reproduction ratio 0.15x
- Diaphragm blades 9 (rounded diaphragm opening)
- Filter-attachment size 72 mm (P = 0.75 mm)